The Social Media Coordinator will develop original content and suggest creative ways to attract more customers and promote our brand through the social media medium. Ultimately, they should be able to increase web traffic and customer engagement metrics aligned with broader marketing strategies. They create and maintain a strong online presence for our company. Their role is to implement online marketing strategies through social media accounts.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Research audience preferences and discover current trends
• Create engaging text, image and video content working with the Content and Communication Manager
• Design posts to sustain readers’ curiosity and creating buzz around new products
• Develop, implement and manage our social media strategy
• Define most important social media KPIs
• Work with copywriters and designers to ensure content is informative and appealing
• Collaborate with Marketing, Sales and Product Development teams
• Manage and oversee social media content
• Measure the success of every social media campaign
• Keep abreast of the latest social media best practices and technologies
• Use social media marketing tools such as Hootsuite, Later, etc.
• Monitor SEO and user engagement and suggest content optimization
• Communicate with industry professionals and influencers via social media to create a strong network
• 2-3 years of experience as a Social Media Coordinator or similar role
• Social Media Strategist using social media for brand awareness and impressions
• Excellent knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram, Google+ and other social media best practices
• Understanding of SEO and web traffic metrics
• Experience with doing audience and buyer persona research
• Good understanding of social media KPIs
• Familiarity with web design and publishing
• Excellent multitasking skills
• Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
• Team player
• Good time-management skills
• Great interpersonal and communication skills
• BA in Marketing or similar relevant field.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Typical Working Environment:
The work will be primarily in a temperature controlled office setting. On occasion, work will be at various sites in the community at brand events and shows.
• Office Equipment: Computer, Keyboard, Copier, Fax Machine.
• Communication Equipment: Cell Phone, Landline Phone.
Essential Physical Tasks:
• Moderate walking, standing and bending.
• Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
• Frequent and extended periods of looking at a computer screen and typing on a keyboard.
• Light lifting and carrying (up to 25 pounds).
• Ability to follow verbal or written instructions.
• Vision abilities include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.