The Lead Set-up Mechanic is responsible for overseeing Set-Up Mechanics in equipment setup, operation, equipment adjustments, and minor preventative maintenance tasks to meet all standards for safety, quality and efficiency.
The Lead Mechanic's responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Verify that Set-Up Mechanics built product subassemblies or final assemblies according to work order/setup sheet.
- Manage setup priorities with set-up mechanics.
- Monitor and adjust production processes or equipment for quality or productivity.
- Identify any problems and troubleshoot solutions using technical knowledge. Problems can include mechanical errors, safety issues or identified inefficiencies.
- Adjust equipment throughout production run to ensure quality production.
- Verify all documentation completed in production equipment logs and line setup sheets is accurate.
- Comply with mechanical equipment, operating manuals, manufacturing instructions, cGMP guidance, Standard Operating Practices (SOP's), OSHA and health and safety requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate Degree in mechanical, electrical, engineering or related field required; Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in maintaining equipment in a manufacturing environment preferred.
- Strong mechanical and troubleshooting skills.
- Knowledge of equipment maintenance, production technology and the use of tools.
- Knowledge of cGMP, OSHA and health and safety regulations.
- Ability to follow verbal or written instructions.
- Strong work ethic and communication skills.
- Mechanical inclined problem solver who is able to make mechanical repairs and make suggestions for improvements.
- Reliable and punctual.
- Ability to work cooperatively with team members and supervisors.
- Physically able to reach, stretch, bend, stoop, crouch and kneel for extended periods during daily routine.
- Able to stand and walk for prolonged periods of time.
- Working primarily with fingers, repetitive motions, and substantial motion with wrists, hands or fingers.
- Ability to move, carry and lift up to 50 pounds.