Must have 1 to 2 years of relevant work experience in personal care/ cosmetic/ OTC drug formulation laboratory/regulated GMP production/laboratory and be a team player, have excellent problem-solving skills, be neat, organized, extremely detail oriented, and must work well with minimum supervision.
As part of the Research and Development (R&D) team, the Lab Technician will
- Provide general support in the laboratory including assisting in sample processing and performing routine housekeeping and preventative maintenance of laboratory instruments and equipment.
- Make daily lab batches as assigned by management.
- Prepare paperwork for formula submissions and document specifications for various batches.
- Perform and monitor stability testing on R&D batches.
- Evaluate and communicate formulation results, ensure the quality of data generated, and adhere to company procedures and practices.
- Maintain detailed, organized records in formulation and project management databases.
- Operate laboratory equipment and instruments, such as mixers, viscometers, pH meters, and homogenizers.
- Follow procedures to perform R&D related tests
- Prepare samples to be sent out to third party testing laboratories and follow up accordingly for test results.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by management.
Assists to monitor aspects of laboratory operations which include, but not limited to: Housekeeping, Calibration and Scale Verification, Formula Verification, Logbooks, and Batch Records.