The Pre-weigher is responsible for ensuring materials are available for compounding and in the proper amount. Weighing out raw materials and mixing them in appropriate mixing vessels in the order and amounts listed on the batch ticket.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Pre-Weigh responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Pulls raw material from storage and returns unused raw material back to storage.
- Inputs inventory transactions.
- Accurately weighs and records amounts and numbers of specified raw materials.
- Cleans work area and prepares for the next batch to be made.
- Labels all weighted materials.
- Reports any material shortages.
- Verifies accuracy of other Pre-weigher’s work.
- Performs duties in compliance with company safety rules, SOP's and GMP's.
Education and Qualification
- A high school diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.)
- Experience in a liquid processing facility.
- One or two years of manufacturing Pre-weigh experience.
- Strong understanding of weight and measurement conversions.
- Ability to do basic math, which includes addition, subtraction, division, multiplication and percentages.
- Ability to communicate well and handle conflict in a mature and professional manner.
- Flexible and able to quickly adapt in a changing environment,
- Flexible and can work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be forklift certified.