The Marketing Copywriter is responsible for the proofing, editing, and writing of engaging and meaningful content for use across a wide range of media. The Marketing Copywriter will work closely with the marketing team to determine the best possible strategies for effectively communicating information about products, services, and company capabilities. The Marketing Copywriter responsibilities include assisting in organizing campaigns and developing marketing strategies. This work will be a critical factor for the smooth operation of the Marketing department and the attainment of its goals, as well as for the long-term growth of the company. This is a remote position.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Content Editor/Copywriter’s responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Work with the Marketing Director and Content and Communication Manager to help develop online and offline content for use across different media including supporting documentation, training materials, marketing, collateral, and websites/social media.
- Proof, edit, and write content for a wide range of media.
- Ensure all content is written in an engaging and accessible way for the relevant audience, and is consistent in terms of tone of voice, style, and key messaging across all media.
- Help manage the content publishing schedule to ensure a steady flow of new and/or re-purposed content is delivered across our main digital channels.
- Work closely with the Content and Communication Manager to ensure a cohesive relationship between copy and design.
- Ensure company’s writing guidelines are consistently implemented across all materials.
- Support marketing executives in organizing various projects
- Conduct market research and analyze consumer rating reports/ questionnaires
- Assist in the organizing of promotional events and traditional or digital campaigns and attend them to facilitate their success
- Prepare and deliver promotional presentations
- Compose and post online content on the company’s website and social media accounts
- Write marketing literature (brochures, press releases, blogs, etc.) to augment the company’s presence in the market
- At least three years’ experience working in a content editing role or similar, with a demonstrable track record in writing for different media and audiences.
- Strong understanding of the cosmetic and skincare industry is a must.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with all levels of staff and management.
- Good understanding of office management and marketing principles
- Demonstrable ability to multi-task and adhere to deadlines
- Good knowledge of market research techniques and databases
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office, marketing computer software and online applications (CRM tools, Online analytics, Google Adwords etc.)
- Exquisite communication and people skills
- High School diploma; BSc in Marketing, Business, Communications or relevant field is a strong advantage
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING ENVIRONMENT
The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions.
Typical Working Environment: The work will be in a temperature controlled office setting. There is an option to work remotely based on employee’s performance.
- Office Equipment: Computer, Keyboard, Copier, Fax Machine.
- Communication Equipment: Cell Phone, Landline Phone.
Essential Physical Tasks:
- Moderate walking, standing and bending.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
- Frequent and extended periods of looking at a computer screen and typing on a keyboard.
- Light lifting and carrying (up to 25 pounds).
- Ability to follow verbal or written instructions.
- Vision abilities include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.