The Customer Service Representative provides excellent customer service to the company’s customers including building strong relationships with customers, ensuring high level of customer communication and satisfaction and documenting customer contacts and feedback.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Customer Service Representative’s responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Answer incoming customer calls regarding billing issues, product problems, service questions and general customer questions and concerns.
- Provide high level of professionalism while establishing a positive rapport while speaking with existing and prospective customers.
- Attend on-site meetings with customers to share information and product.
- Keep updated on product knowledge in order to provide information about the company’s products and services.
- Handle and resolve customer inquiries and concerns.
- Handle returns and credits with customers/vendors.
- Assist with processing orders.
- Create and prepare shipping and delivery documents.
- Enter customer information into computer system.
- Provide a high level of customer communication and satisfaction.
- Develop and record accurate quotes prior to submitting them to the Customer Service Manager.
- Report customer service issues or dissatisfaction to Customer Service Manager.
- Meet the established metrics of the customer service area.
- Communicate and collaborate with other departments within the organization especially with operations, planning/scheduling, purchasing, accounting, quality, production, compounding warehouse, R&D, sales and new product development as needed.
- Answer phone messages, emails and faxes in a timely and professional manner.
- Other duties as assigned
- Previous business to business customer service experience.
- High school diploma or equivalent required; college degree in business related field preferred.
- Customer service experience required; customer service in manufacturing preferred.
- Experience in process manufacturing. For example, Bill of Materials (BOM), artwork, specifications.
- Ability to build rapport with clients.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Working knowledge of computer applications such as Microsoft Office and Salesforce.
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of tact, perseverance and businesslike demeanor with internal and external customers.
- Ability to work in a collaborative, cross-functional environment.
- Customer oriented with ability to adapt/respond to different types of personalities.
- Ability to multitask.
- Ability to follow verbal or written instructions.